Keeping up with the waxing schedules at your regular spa or having to shave off that unwanted hair from your body can at times be a pain in the neck. I am sure you would have wondered many times if there ever was a permanent solution to this. Yes, there is and it is called Laser Hair Removal!
Laser hair removal is offered almost everywhere in the world, including Indian cities such as Mumbai and Bangalore. With so much of advancement in technology, it doesn’t make sense to still depend on the age-old methods of hair removal. Today, there are many sophisticated hair treatment options that not only give your skin, a permanent hair-free appearance but also a smooth finish that you can flaunt at all times. Almost all of these options are available in India, apart from just the European and Western Countries.
Myths about Laser Hair Removal
Despite being aware of the benefits and advantages of laser treatments, there are certain myths about Laser Hair Removal that stop many women from fixing up those appointments with their cosmetologists. Most of these have arisen because of a lack of understanding of the procedure. Here is a list of 5 such myths:
- Laser Hair Removal is very painful: Probably a decade or so ago, this might have been true; but the advancement in technology over the years has definitely eliminated this problem to a great extent. The sophisticated equipment and state-of-the-art facilities of today have made sure the discomfort involved in laser hair removal is very minimal. Numbing creams make this procedure absolutely painless. The pain that you feel will be like an elastic band flicked against your skin and nothing more.
- Laser Hair Removal Will not Work well on blond / light /Ginger Hair: Although this myth is quite understandable, technology has played its part to change this. A special type of oil is usually applied on to your hair in order to add melanin to your hair. With the application of this oil, your blond or ginger hair will turn into normal hair that can be easily targeted by the laser hair removal device.
- Laser Hair Removal Will not give permanent results: Although laser may not completely eliminate your body hair in a permanent way, it does reduce your hair growth to a remarkable extent, over the years. After the initial session, the hair that grows back would be thinner or maybe even nil. Top-up sessions may be required to achieve permanent results with laser hair removal.
- Laser Hair Removal is too costly: It is true that this treatment does not come cheap; but if you think long term it will save you a lot of money on the amount that you spend on several treatments that you go for. It is not just about the money but about time too. Not all women may go for laser hair removal for a huge area such as the back. It is usually for the upper lip and eyebrows that they go for laser hair removal and this is quite inexpensive. You do not have to pay up immediately for all the sessions. You can space these sessions out and pay up per session.
- Laser Hair Removal will not work for dark skinned people: Again, this may have been true a couple of years earlier; but not now. Technology has proved that laser hair removal has worked successfully for dark-skinned people. You may have to go for a different kind of laser which your cosmetologist will suggest.
One thing that you need to remember here is that even though Laser hair removal may not be as efficient or as fast as you expect, it is definitely safe for your skin. It is just a concentrated beam of light that is passed through your skin which is selectively absorbed by the melanin in your hair follicles. It does not destroy the hair follicles completely but damages them enough to retard the future growth of hair. Although the first session itself might start showing results, multiple sessions may be necessary to make sure you achieve your desired results permanently.
There is tough competition in the field of cosmetic treatments today and cosmetologists all over the world have been taking all kinds of precautions to make sure their patients experience no side effects or complications. Technology has only helped them in this endeavor. It is very important to choose a reputed clinic/cosmetologist to make sure the procedure ends up successfully and safely. Also, follow all the instructions given to you properly to ensure there are no complications or side effects. You can also go through a few Laser Hair Removal Reviews and look at a few ‘Before and After Images’ to clarify any further queries you may have about Laser Hair Removal.
All in all, Laser Hair Removal is definitely a safer option to get rid of unwanted body hair permanently.