What is FUT?
FUT or Follicular Unit Transplantation refers to a hair transplantation procedure where in hair follicles are extracted from the back of your head and then transplanted on to the balding area of your head or the recipient site. Unlike FUE where in hair follicles are extracted individually.
FUT involves removal of strips of tissues from the donor area which are then cut into individual follicular units through microscopic dissection techniques. These follicular unit grafts are then placed into tiny incisions that are created in the recipient area. This technique is much faster when compared to FUE.
Why choose FUT?
We, at Nu Cosmetic Clinic, take special care while placing hair in the recipient area, keeping in mind the aesthetic qualities of the positioning and arrangement. The arrangement and positioning are determined by us on a case-to-case basis. In every case that we take up, we strive to achieve the desired results as expected by the client.
Benefits of FUT
- Natural-looking results
- Works even in case of complete baldness
- Faster when compared to FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
- Results in continuous growth of healthy hair
The FUT procedure
- The scalp is first anesthetized using a local anesthetic so that the patient doesn’t feel any pain or discomfort during the procedure.
- The hair in the donor area is trimmed until it is 1mm in length. The uncut hair can cover the donor area after the hair follicles have been extracted.
- A single strip of tissue is then carefully removed from the donor area in order to maximize the yield and minimize the scarring. This tissue is placed in a holding solution so as to maximize its survival.
- The donor area is closed through sutures that are absorbable or through staples as the case may be.
- The next step is to dissect the individual follicular units, microscopically. The extra tissue is removed and discarded. The hair follicles are sorted out and stored in groups.
- Then the recipient site is prepared by creating tiny incisions, keeping in mind, the positioning and the arrangement of hair follicles based on the case.
- The grafts are then placed into these incisions to achieve the desired results. For frontal hair line, 1-2 hair units are used and for central hairline, 3-4 hair grafts are used in order to achieve fullness.
- The surgeon will then give you the instructions that you need to follow for the next few days, so that you can heal well from the procedure and the results will be achieved as expected.
Cost of FUT
The cost of FUT might differ from person to person as it depends on the existing amount of hair, the number of grafts that are to be transplanted and the kind of results that the client wants to achieve. It would be better for you to call us at Nu Cosmetic clinic and fix up an appointment with our experts to get your condition evaluated and the cost estimated.