Laser hair removal is definitely a better method when compared to shaving or waxing. The results are better and at some point of time, you will bid adieu to your unwanted hair forever. Also, you need not worry about side effects such as nicks, burns, redness and in-grown hair after the procedure. You get to enjoy smooth hair-free skin that looks healthy and attractive.
Laser Hair removal targets and breaks down the pigment called melanin in your hair follicles. It works very well for removing dark or coarse hair. White, gray, blond or red hair may not be suitable for laser hair removal. It is better if women who are suffering from hormonal problems or poly-cystic ovaries do not go in for this treatment. In case you are on any antibiotics it is better to talk to your doctor before the procedure.
Laser hair removal is more of a hair reduction process than a hair removal process. It decreases hair growth and eliminates the need for shaving or waxing. It works well on most areas of the body such as underarms, bikini line, face, arms and legs. Most areas might need follow-up treatments that might prove expensive. However, if you follow the following tips before and after the procedure, you get to gain maximum benefits from the treatment.
- Book a consultation session with the technician prior to laser hair removal session. A consultation session will help the laser hair removal technician in assessing your condition, analyze your skin & hair type and administer a patch test to find out if you are the right candidate for laser hair removal treatment.
- Do not go for any tanning before you go for laser hair removal treatment. Avoid exposing your skin to the sun a few weeks before the day of the treatment. Laser on tanned skin may lead to blisters and burns.
- Stop waxing, plucking, bleaching or electrolysis six weeks before the day of laser hair removal treatment. You are not supposed to remove your hair by the roots. Shaving or applying a depilatory cream is fine.
- Stay away from drinking coffee the day before your treatment. This will help you be in a relaxed and calm state throughout your laser hair removal treatment. Caffeine often tends to make people get tensed and agitated.
- It is good to shave the area the day before the treatment. Long hair can make laser very painful. Your technician will advise you when and how to shave before the treatment. Many clinics usually suggest shaving hair in the targeted area about two days before the treatment. By shaving your hair, you are putting your hair in the active growing stage just before the treatment. This makes laser a more effective procedure for hair removal.
- Make sure your skin is absolutely clean before you show up for laser hair removal. A shower or wash using a gentle cleanser should be good enough before leaving home for the treatment. Your skin has to be free from oil, make-up or dirt. It is better to avoid moisturiser too.
While the above tips work well before you go for the laser hair removal treatment, there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind after you have undergone the treatment. These include:
- Avoiding exposure to sun or tanning for six weeks after the laser hair removal treatment. Your skin will be sensitive after laser. Therefore, tanning or sun exposure can complicate things and delay the process of healing. It might also cause problems during follow-up treatments.
- Prepare for some hair fall out. Laser retards the ability of your hair follicles to grow hair. Although you may come across some amount of hair growth after the treatment, the hair will start shedding about 10 to 12 days later. You may use a wash-cloth to remove this hair or you can just have a bath or shower.
- Don’t wax or pluck your hair after the laser hair removal session. Soon after the laser hair removal treatment, your hair will enter the shedding stage. You have to let your hair fall out in a natural way. In case you offer any kind of resistance, your roots will recover again, which might necessitate a follow-up session. Shaving is okay as it does not pull your hair by its roots.
- Don’t stop at just one session of the laser hair removal treatment. Multiple sessions are required to achieve the desired results in case of laser hair removal as the procedure targets only those hairs that are in their active growth phase. Fix up an appointment every two months and make sure you finish about four to ten sessions depending upon the instructions of the technician. With each and every treatment, you will start noticing a reduction in your hair. If you come across any hair growth, you will notice that the hair is very light in colour and absolutely fine.
For more details, please visit : https://www.nucosmeticclinic.in/non-surgical-laser-hair-removal/