Baldness or hair loss is no more a worry with the possibility of hair transplantation. This is indeed an excellent way to restore the hair you have lost, boost your confidence and reduce your embarrassment. Going in for hair transplantation would mean no need to depend on toupees and wigs to hide your baldness. You get to travel back in time and look just the way you did before you experienced hair loss.
There are however, a couple of things you need to consider before going in for a hair transplant session. These things will probably clarify all your queries that you may have had about hair transplantation:
- FUE or FUT: Almost all clinics that offer hair transplantation are equipped well enough to carry out both FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) and FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction). Depending upon the number of grafts to be transplanted you can select either FUT or FUE.
FUE involves individual extraction and transplantation of hair follicles while FUT is a technique that removes a long thin strip of tissues from your donor area.
- The type of your hair and skin:
Your main aim before going in for hair transplant should be to maximize success and minimize scarring. Therefore you need to check with your hair transplant surgeon what precautions are to be taken for your hair and skin type. It is better to know this well before your procedure.
- Cost: The amount of money that you need to spend on your hair transplantation treatment is something you need to know about before going in for the hair transplant session. This is usually estimated in the consultation session that you go for, before the hair transplantation procedure. The surgeon will estimate how many sessions you may need and how many grafts will have to be transplanted much before the session. This will help you arrange for your finances in advance.
- The Healing Time required: If you don’t want anyone at your workplace to know that you have undergone a hair transplantation session, it is better to wait for about 3 or 4 days until the bandage is removed, the area is cleansed and your hair is washed. Unless you come across any complications, 3 or 4 days should be sufficient enough to heal from the procedure.
- The Pain Factor: You will be happy to note that hair transplantation is a pain-free procedure with the application of the local anesthetic on your donor and recipient areas during your treatment. Your surgeon may advise you to take precautions if your skin is very sensitive and if you are likely to bleed.
- Scarring: There is hardly any scarring involved in the hair transplantation procedure. In case you go in for FUE, there will be absolutely no scarring. The minimal scarring that you come across in FUT will fade away with time until which the hair around your donor area will cover the scar sufficiently.
- Permanence: The hair transplantation procedure is said to be 95% permanent and you may have to wait for about 10 to 12 months from the day of the procedure to see these results. If you come across any hair loss or hair thinning after the procedure your doctor may prescribe medications to halt the same.
- Precautions to be taken after the Procedure: You may be asked to wear a bandage that looks like a turban before going to sleep, in order to hold your grafts together. Apart from this, your doctor may not give you any instructions related to post procedure care.
- Length of the Procedure: This depends on the area where you need the hair transplant, the existing hair in the area, the number of grafts required and the kind of density you wish to achieve. A full day may be required to transplant about 3000 grafts. This depends on the number of breaks that you may take and the number of assistants your surgeon has. You may have to keep the whole day free for the procedure.
- Eligibility Criteria: Hair Transplant works for all healthy people who have been facing some amount of hair loss or hair thinning. However, it is best avoided in case of children and in people who have any pre-existing medical conditions.
Apart from the above, you also need to look into the kind of reputation the clinic has for hair transplantation. You can do this by going through a couple of reviews and talking to some of their clients. A look at the before-and-after images on the website of the clinic will tell you what you can expect from the treatment. Once you make your decision, all you need to do is get the procedure done and wait for that thick crop of mane to grow.
For more details, please visit : https://www.nucosmeticclinic.in/men-surgical-hair-transplant/