Dr. Amita from Nu Cosmetic Clinic talks about the best treatment for acne and blemishes in the above mentioned video.
This is what she has to say…
“I keep getting lots of patients with Acne and Blemishes. Acne is quite a common problem that occurs due to changes in hormones. It is very much evident in teenagers. It occurs when the sebaceous glands at the base of your hair follicles start producing excess oil. Although acne may not really be dangerous, it can leave ugly scars on your skin, which might be too stubborn to eliminate.”
Blemishes, as she says, refer to sun spots and pigmentation patches that occur due to excess melanin in certain areas of your skin. Further exposure to sun, aging and dry skin can make them appear worse.
The ideal treatment for acne and blemishes, as per Dr. Amita, is Chemical Peel.
What exactly is Chemical Peel?
This is a procedure that involves the application of a thin layer of chemical solution on your skin. This solution will cause your skin to exfoliate and eventually peel off. By stimulating the production of collagen this treatment helps in generation of new skin cells that are free from acne, blemishes, marks and fine lines.
How it works?
Chemical peel is a very short treatment that takes only a few minutes to completion. It involves the following steps:
- The first step is to clean your face using a mild soap-free cleanser
- After cleansing, your face will be wiped clean
- Then the chemical solution will be applied on to your face evenly, in a thin layer
- After about a minute or two, the peel will be neutralized by applying a neutralizer (neutralizing solution). This will make sure the chemical solution will stop burning your skin.
- We will generally apply a sun-screen on your skin so that your skin doesn’t get damaged due to exposure to the sun, while you go back home.
During the next 2 or 3 days dead cells will be exfoliated from your skin and you will see an improvement in the texture of your skin. With multiple sessions your blemishes, acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles and other marks will start fading away, revealing rejuvenated, fresh, soft and smooth skin that glows.
Benefits of Chemical Peel
- This is a non-invasive procedure that does not involve any cuts or incisions
- It is absolutely pain free although you might feel a slight burning sensation upon the application of the chemical solution. This will however be only for one or two minutes.
- It is a lunch-time procedure that involves no downtime. You can resume work as soon as the procedure is completed.
- It is a risk-free procedure that hardly has any complications unless your skin is allergic to the ingredients of the chemical solution. Nevertheless, we assess your skin condition thoroughly before administering the treatment so that you don’t face any kind of side effects either during or after the procedure.
You can find many experts like Dr. Amita at Nu Cosmetic Clinic. Give us a call, send us an email or drop in at any of our clinics (Koramangala and Whitefield in Bangalore and Khar in Mumbai) to get in touch with one of them and start the treatment.